As in my first post, I leave it to my heart to realize I don't have to get this blog/post/picture thing right the first time. ... or the 2nd time for that matter... Although, it is funny as I have viewed other friends blogs I realize we are all in this self-talk first blog posting conversation. As if we are apologizing to the audience before the show begins--get your money back while you still can :)
Maybe the "this is my first time to blog...please bear with me"... conversation is to still our shaking knees and quivery fingers of the venture of pouring our heart out before hundreds (or 2- 3 people).
It's funny, I was talking with a group of friends about the turn our communication world has taken over the last several years. I am a 70's girl, which puts me in the -late- 30's category (that's fun) where the first computer entered our house when I was in high school. What I mean by computer is a big TV screen thing that sat on the entire desk and we could type words on to the big TV screen thing. Wow! first Atari and black and white Frogger to --THIS--. We are sooo movin' up!
As computers evolved and e-mail jumped on the scene, we became better typist and the taste of envelope glue on the tongue was only but a *blaek* distant memory. (Why companies thought a mint tasting glue would taste any better. I always kept a mint envelope in my purse to lick just in case I ran out of my gum...right!!?) E-mail was the thing and the hand written note was not. Yet as we became more technically connected the more easy it was to become isolated. Shopping, groceries, gifts...anything and everything could be bought with my coffee in one hand, pj's, and bedhead. Why connect with others when I can sit at my desk and do everything I want at the touch of a finger... except get a refill on my coffee.
Yet, the desire to connect with others is greater than ever. As we are using social networks to the max and getting in touch with people we thought we would never see again. Simply reading a sentence each day about what someone is randomly doing has made it to the daily TO-Do's. Although only mentally---but if I did write it down, that is 2 things that would definitely get checked off...hmmm! Excuse me while I tend to this exciting action in my calendar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment