Oh what revelation!
Just ----fly----
This letter "F" stands at 12inches.
It is painted with blue, white and yellow acrylics.
The hounds-tooth pattern around the edge goes all the way around and the back of the letter is like the front, yet with out the word -fly-
It is then sealed with several coats of a decoupage finish.
The letter is then adorned with whimsy and simplicity of a hand formed wire cage.
I love the splotches of white to mimic the freedom of clouds formations.
Also, there are sprays of yellow to portray the sweet sun that shows itself in any crack or crevice it can stretch into.
When forming the cage it struck me how often we cage ourselves in.
Not growing, stretching or even flying beyond self-imposed boundaries because we have -caged- ourselves in with fear, what-ifs, or have-nots..
I felt so empowered when I opened the front of the cage..as if to let ME fly out..
So, for you, spread open the wire to make a door where you thought there was a wall...and fly...
No comments:
Post a Comment